213L Hammond Building
University Park, PA 16802
The Engineering Entrepreneurship (E-SHIP) minor prepares undergraduate students to be world-class technology business innovators. We want students to complete the minor with an "entrepreneurial mindset", meaning they are more creative, better at handling ambiguity, better at teamwork and see themselves as product leaders much more than when they entered the minor.
Students in E-SHIP will start their own in-class businesses. Many pursue these businesses, developing the business in other E-SHIP courses. If you have a "million dollar idea," E-SHIP will show you how to you, understand how to protect and leverage your intellectual property, which include such tools as patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets.
What makes the E-SHIP minor unique?
- Variety - E-SHIP courses have students combine business and technology factors in product-focused projects, addressing both of these areas well is a common trait of the world's innovation and profit leaders. Rather than isolating students by major, most E-SHIP courses combine majors so they can learn from each other.
- Activity - Instead of lecture courses, E-SHIP classes get you out of your chair and into the world. You'll start your own business, meet with heads of industry, and learn real-life lessons from our entrepreneurial faculty.
- Creativity - Could you start your own business and make a profit in an hour? How would you increase the market share for an electric toothbrush? These questions and more will arise in your E-SHIP courses. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Visibility - The skills you learn in E-SHIP make you a more interesting candidate to employers. Both the Engineering Coop and Internship Office and Penn State Career Services help employers actively seeking E-SHIP students.
- Possibility - E-SHIP graduates have gone on to start their own businesses, work for respected corporations, and more. Today's employers are looking for innovative employees who are ready to take charge of their careers.
Please explore our website or contact us to learn more about the E-SHIP minor.