- Engineering Leadership Development
- Undergraduate Minor in Engineering Leadership Development
- Master of Engineering in Engineering Leadership and Innovation Management
- Online Graduate Options in Engineering Leadership and Innovation Management
- Lion Leadership Lessons
- Industry Partners
- Career Opportunities
- Alumni and Friends
Engineering Leadership Graduate Degrees
M.Eng. in Engineering Leadership and Innovation Management
Accepting applications for ELIM through July 2017 for Fall 2017 admission.
Increasingly, successful engineers are expected to be well-versed not only in technical engineering skills, but also in soft skills such as communications, ethics, entrepreneurial thinking, and professionalism.
These traits of leadership and innovation set engineers apart and prepare them to be future global business leaders by providing training and experience in:
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Managing projects effectively
- Promoting internal innovation
- Working across international and cultural boundaries
Already a recognized leader in engineering leadership development, Penn State’s College of Engineering has the resources to provide the advanced education to prepare engineers to be leaders who are most sought after by corporations worldwide.
The ELIM degree is a 30-credit M.Eng. and is designed to develop the attributes required of today’s successful engineering executives. Specifically, these include increased technical competency, expanded professional skills, the ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and the ability to work effectively in a globally connected engineering environment.
18 credits, plus 3-credit capstone course
• 500-level elective (3 credits)
• 500- or 800-level elective (3 credits)
• 400-, 500-, or 800-level elective (3 credits)
These electives will be chosen by the student, in consultation with their company (if they are associated with a sponsoring company) and the ELIM program director. Electives should be chosen to meet the needs and interests of the student and can be selected from across the university, allowing the student to expand his/her knowledge in various focus areas.